10 Strategies for Making Decisions with Confidence
Decision making is a key skill in the workplace and is particularly important if you want to be an effective leader. Assistants must know the best practices for making daily decisions and know the key success factors for effective critical thinking.
Whether you are deciding which person to hire, which supplier to use, which meeting is the priority, or which strategy to use, the ability to make a good decision with available information is vital.
It would be easier if there were one formula we could use in any situation, but there isn’t. Each decision presents its own challenges. So how can you avoid making bad decisions or leaving them to chance?
This session will focus on the following learning objectives:
During this session, you will:
- Examine how well you structure your decision-making process by taking the short mind-tools quiz.
- The value of administrative intuition – how do you know when you have it?
- Evaluate procrastination, waffling and overanalyzing and learn the best tips to overcome each.
- Evaluate the ultimate cheat sheet for effective critical thinking.
- Review the 10 simple strategies for making good decisions.